While, most of the users only want to use BlackBerry handsets with basic internet profiles without having monthly BlackBerry packages defined (or what they call BIS Accountagainst their devices, we are presenting here a way to achieve this:
Let us Follow it step by step:
- You need to have BlackBerry (Any WAP/HTTP) compatible model.
- Open Main menu of the BlackBerry handset.
- Select Options icon from it.
- Select advance options in the Options menu.
- Now Select the button for TCP
- Enter APN of your mobile operator ( xxxx.internet or xxxxx.tinternet). You can get this APN from your operator’s helpline.
- Leave all other options as they are and save it by pressing back tab.
- In case your Blackberry device doesn’t come with BlackBerry browser then,
- Open BlackBerry APP world (It is available in all new BlackBerry handsets).
- After opening BlackBerry APP world, download any browser, such as Opera Mini or Bolt by selecting internet/browser category from BlackBerry APP world.
- Start using internet on your BlackBerry device with GPRS/EDGE.
- If BlackBerry APP world is not available then you might have to download all of these browser applications to your handset manually by first downloading it to PC and then copying these applications to your device.
- That’s it!
Most of the BlackBerry handsets are decent to use for internet and push email surfing’s to keep connected with friends and family. On the other side, mobile operators have not focused on such lucrative segment of the market, where most of the users may not prefer to have BlackBerry handset with BlackBerry packages instead they may want to use BlackBerry handset but with usual internet profiles allowing only usual APN’s.
This is opportunistic and money spinning for mobile operators to have such offers like get unlimited internet+ BlackBerry handset in low price like PKR 500/- or PKR 600 instead of PKR 800 or 1000/- month for BlackBerry default defined packages. This will increase data ARPU’s and BlackBerry Handset sales as well for mobile operators. It will be lucrative for both in terms of data usage revenues and handset revenues.
Disclaimer: Please be informed that, Article is only written in the best interest of informing common people about the new gadgets benefits. Author is not responsible for any purchase / sale /exchange/loss/Price Quotation/ decision made or you may brick your device; after reading this article.